Tuesday, November 6, 2007

WORKiNG...ER, TRYiNG TO WORK!!!

this morning we started off with a staff meeting for all ministry staff. it was very good. Luis (our driver) gave the morning devotion about finding our mission for God. that whatever our job at the house is, it's for the Lord. Whether it's Chico translating, Luis driving, me doing financial stuff, Regina cooking, etc. that it is all important. because it all comes together to work for the glory of God. I could not think of a better way to spend my year. I feel so blessed to be here. I know there are distractions in the U.S., but just not as much or as hard to ignore. Here, it is simple. This house is all for the work of the Lord. And I get to be a part of it for at least a year...maybe God will call me longer. I don't know. But I am so excited to be a part of what God is working on here in Nicaragua. Let's see if I can update you on some cases that have came since I've been here. Mario is back at home and well. He has became my amigo! we play alot when he is around. We had a meeting with his mom and dad yesterday to help them get organized with a plan on how to make money with a home business. They received support from people while in the U.S. and now we are helping them start their business with that money so that they can make a living. I am excited to see what comes of it. Just pray that they are serious about using it for good, to provide income for their family.
Another lady came yesterday for help. Actually she came the day we got here, but we asked her to come back and she came yesterday. She has a little boy (i can't remember his name) who is 9 months old and weighs 13lbs. Cheryl said it is possibly b/c she did not breast feed him long enough. so me and chico went to get some formula to help him grow. he is very malnutritioned. but hopefully after a while he will come around to a better weight. To get the formula, his mother will work around the house. yesterday she helped Regina with things that needed to get done. And I got to hold the little boy. The only problem is cloth diapers. I don't like that part!!! :) But I got to feed him and get him to sleep. So I am still getting my baby fix down here, even though I miss my 1 yr. olds in sunday school!
There is another girl that has came into our hands this week. She is at the hospital in Leon. She is 11 yrs old and all of her private parts were fused together. It's a very sad situation. BUT, Cheryl emailed a doctor in the tn pediatric association and he thinks it can be fixed!!! how awesome is that! so now we need to pray for the funds to get her to the U.S. She will probably be coming to TN.
There are a few others, but i am not sure of the conditions and what our help will be. but i will let you know when i find out. I am hoping this blog will help to show everyone how much truly goes on down here. Even I didn't realize how many people show up at the door each and every day. It is a constant flow of people coming who need help. Pray that God gives us the wisdom and strength to help what ever way we can, but most importantly that they hear the Gospel!!! You will hear me say it a million times this year, but I cannot wait to see all that God has in store!! This ministry is truly a work of God! Gloria Dios!!!!!
Much Love! :)

2 comments:

Greg said...

I am glad to see that you have sttled in well and I am praying for those spiders to leave your room and go away!
I have made your blogspot my home page so that no matter where I go on line with my computer that your blog will be the first thing that I see and will offer up a prayer for you.
I am blessed by your willingness to follow God to Nicaragua.

GLORIA DIOS!!

Keely say HI!!
LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE INFO!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke,
Glad to know that you made it there safely. Need more lavender oil? If you need anything just let me know. You are in my prayers.
I love you.
Dawn