Thursday, November 1, 2007

i'M HERRRRRRE!

just a quick update before i head to bed...i can't believe it, but i am finally here...destination nicaragua!!! it's been quite a long day since 4:30am this morning when i got up. it is now 12:15 USA time and everyone is in bed here. ahhhhh, a spider just glided down from the ceiling in front of my laptop (for those of you that don't know, i am borderline phobic with spiders!!!). now i'm feeling all itchy and crawly b/c i don't know where he went when i swatted at him! This is most likely the biggest prayer request i could ask for in the next year, and that is that God will heal me of my phobia of spiders! OR better yet, just pray for no spiders in nicaragua during the next year!!! :) ...so we got to the house around 3pm today. There was a reporter that came back with us to interview Cheryl about Mario. I'm not sure what kind of reporter he was (radio or whatnot) but i will let you know what comes of it. Chico and Eugene (i think he likes to be called Fernando) set up a bed and table for me in my room (for all who came in July, my room is where the kids slept while we were here). I also have a fan all to myself which will be really nice to have...Elliot and her brother came by for a little while after we got here...other than that, we have not done much besides eat and relax a little in the rocking chairs. and of course lots of playing with the kids. They are as energetic and crazy as ever! definitely lots of entertainment around those 5!!! ...it's really odd to be down here right now b/c there is no team with me, but in a weird way, i feel really at home already. now i just need to learn spanish so i can talk to everyone more easily!! please pray that i can pick up on the language fairly easily (i brought some books to help me study vocabulary)...well, i am off to bed so i can rest a little before my alarm clock goes off in the morning (Cheryl says that will be the kids!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gal -- I am glad you made it okay -- by the way, the verse you used in Isaiah is MY FAVORITE!! I will prayer about the creepy spiders YIKES!! Love Ya -- Robin Schmid