Monday, August 6, 2007

GOD iS ON THE MOVE

in a little under 3 months, i will be moving to Nicaragua for a year! exciting, i know...the hard part is raising the funds for support, but God has been moving since I concreted the plans. The night I announced it to my church I received a check for the first month. Since then (about 3 weeks ago) I have received 2 more months worth of support, plus a promise for a 4th month. I have also had about 6 others promise to help as much as they can. I am amazed at the hand of God on this. I feel so privileged for God to choose to use me, in any way, to help accomplish his mission of souls being brought to him.
My main purpose in going is to provide administrative support for the missionary from our church, but I know that God has so much more in store for me than just that. He's already moving in my heart for the need of discipleship for the people of Nicaragua. Sure it's great for so many to go down and have crusades, etc. but what happens after the team goes home!? who shows the new believers how to live a life for God? no one really, unless they get connected with a firm Bible believing & preaching church. And if they can't find that, then they are gonna continue to search elsewhere.
I'm so excited (and nervous) about where God is leading my heart on that issue! we'll find out soon enough I guess.

0 comments: