Friday, March 28, 2008

THiS iS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE...i WiLL REJOiCE! :)

Today has been a good day in the Lord! We went to Managua today, making a trip to immigration and a trip to the burn center at a hospital. The rest of us were sitting in the bus while Giselle and her mom were in to see the doctor at the burn center. Well, I decided I needed to go to the bathroom, so Eugenio walked with me to the building. After I come out, he starts talking to me a little, in his broken English. And across the room, a guy that had just walked in starts snickering a little bit at our inability to communicate. So Eugenio asks him if he knows English. He did. He was actually from somewhere in the Carribean (pretty hard for me to understand through his accent). Eugenio asks him a few questions. Then he came over to sit with us and he began to tell me about his little girl that has burns (she's only 6 months old). I had a very hard time understanding him, but he started talking about God and how he prayed for help with his daughter. And he had all the answers, that God is the only way, He's the one that knows the number of our days, etc. He talked about getting baptized soon, but he was waiting til he knew exactly what it was, I guess making sure his life sizes up to the commitment that comes with baptism!? So, that was my entry way. I just started sharing that baptism doesn't equal salvation. gave him Romans 10:9-10. That if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart, you will be saved. I asked him if he wanted to do that today and he said yes. I asked him if he wanted me to lead him through a prayer or if he wanted to pray. And this is where his accent was a problem, I'm not sure if he prayed or if he was telling me what he does pray on a regular basis, but what he prayed was in line with the scripture. So, did he pray to receive Christ today or had he already?! I'm not sure. But I know that he received truth today. And after a few more minutes of talking, he told me that he was not married but would hopefully be in the future, but he and his girlfriend are living together. So, then I couldn't just let that stand, so I had to confront him on the sin he was living in. Pretty hard, for someone (me) who has the hardest time with confrontation!!! (has seemed to be a trend for the week...is God stretching me like I asked!?!? ut-oh!) :) ...He seemed to take it pretty well and I asked if Eugenio and I could pray for him. So we did and that was that. I pray that God sprinkles the words in a way that help this man find the Lord and/or help in his walk with the Lord and convict him of what he's doing wrong in his life. But praise God, that even through the pounding heart, I was able to allow God the opportunity to work in this man's life!!! ...God is SO cool...using a bathroom break for an opportunity to share about Him!!!!!! :)
Let's see what else I've conquered today (haha)...when we visited Eugenio's uncle for the legal papers to be a legal ministry in Nicaragua today, I drank part of a glass of tea (GAG) because I didn't want to offend the lady who offered it. I tried so hard to like it, pretend it was anything but tea. I choked down about 3 big gulps before I had to surrender the glass to the table!!! But hey, I consider it a victory, that I drank it at all!!!!
what else...tonight, I became Chele's teacher! We waited and waited for Chico to come back to the house, but he didn't come back tonight. And Chele has school in the morning but hadn't finished his homework. I was going to just fill in the answers for him and let Chico help him after his class tomorrow, but I knew that was not the answer...So instead, me in my broken Spanish, gave a lesson in Addition. We used 2 sets of hands and conquered about 15 problems in about 30-45 mins. He is definitely just beginning to learn, but the fact that he is trying makes me so proud! And that I got to be a part of that tonight, I was honored. God has done a transformation in his life, I know it. Maybe he doesn't even know it, but God is there and even though it's going to be a LONG ROAD, I can't wait to see the growth throughout the process of him learning (and one day learning to read the word of God for himself!!). Please continue to pray for him. for the desire to learn and that God would ease the pain (& difficulty) of learning!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." - Psalm 118:1

MUCH LOVE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going strong- you will conitnue to see these 'small' things to confirm God's plan-We hope that you know we care about you and most of all that the Lord does- Jer. 29:11
Lea Ann

Anonymous said...

i love hearing all your stories!
it makes me ten thousands times more excited to be back there! im countin down the days, 88 i think?!?

i think this time youre gonna have to teach me some spanish, its def been a while! haha

i love you and miss u!
tell the kids hello:)

-ashton.